VAT ('Value Added Tax')
The Clinic Finder is a UK based VAT registered company, and as such we have a legal responsibility to charge VAT where appropriate. The rules can be complex, but here is a simple summary of when we do and don't add VAT to our prices.
When must we charge VAT?
We must charge VAT when your company (clinic):
- is based in the UK
- is based in the EU and you are not registered for VAT in your own country
When are we not required to charge VAT?
We will not add VAT when your company (clinic):
- is based outside of the UK and the EU
- is based inside the EU and you are registered locally for VAT *
* Please note that we need your VAT number and a scanned copy of your VAT certificate. Without these, we are required to add VAT.
What is the current rate of VAT?
The current rate of VAT is 20%.
What do we add VAT to?
If we are required to charge you VAT we will add VAT at the current rate to invoices for:
- Upgrade options
- Any other invoices for services rendered or products supplied
What do we do with the VAT we collect from you?
We do not keep the VAT we collect. We make a quarterly VAT return to HM Revenue & Customs. We pay them the difference between the VAT we have collected and the VAT we have already paid out to other suppliers.
Can you reclaim or offset any VAT we collect from you?
You should contact your local tax authority or adviser for clarification.
Find out more
To find out more about VAT, please refer to the HM Revenue & Customs website: How to work out your place of supply of services for VAT or speak with your local tax authorities.